Thursday, January 6, 2011

Pass Me The AQUANET

Happy Birthday Month to me...In Honor of the best month of the year, January, my birthday month, I thought I'd spend it making lists of the decade I was born in...So, enjoy these random 80's lists comin' at ya...

Slippery When Wet

Listening to: Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer from their "Slippery When Wet" Album
Weather: 70 Degrees and gray...perfect!

TOP 12 BANDS/MUSICIANS WITH THE GREATEST HAIR IN THE 80'S

You know you can't talk about the 80's without talking about the hair...I thankfully was a little too young to go through the horrors of having had a "teased mullet like mane of frizzy stiff hairspray covered goodness" but I was definitely around enough people and had an older cousin who'd sneak MTV when my parents weren't home to know what good hair looked like...So without further ado, my list of favorite 80's HAIR in music...

(Please note...this has NOTHING to do with their music...it's about their HAIR and if I happen to like them also, then their ranking goes up...and I did 12 because I just couldn't narrow it down to 10...Enjoy!)

12.
White Snake - Anyone remember that really odd but strangely entertaining show "Beauty and the Beast" with Linda Hamilton?  They remind me of them...I have a strange desire to make the Beast number one on my list now...must...not...get...distracted.

11.
Motley Crue - If you would've told me that the blonde one was that guy on VH1's Surreal Life and that the drummer was the one married to Pamela Anderson and with reality shows...I would've said...get out of here!
I guess we all grow up and move on to um...better (really?) things.


10.
Nitro - Never heard of these guys but...wow.  One word wonders.  Wow.

9. 
Twisted Sister - I don't know what to say about this except Dee Snider's makeup was...um...YES okay then moving on!

8. 
Cinderella - I love the pursed lip action...the cooing lip action...the swirly blue background action...not to mention their name...lovely!

7.
Cyndi Lauper - It was hard choosing a pic for her, but the clothespins in her hair sealed it for me for this one..."Girls Just Want To Have Fun" and "Time After Time" are still such classics and seriously, that hair!

6.
Stryper - I'm pretty sure what sealed the deal for me with this one was the coordinating BUMBLEBEE outfits...what came first, The Transformer or them???  Sorry...I have to leave the room to keep from getting a stomach cramp from giggling...hilarious!

5. 
Scorpions - Um...definitely won in the "sorta creepy, are they really a band, must have good music cause there's some weird looks" category...no diss to them or anything...

4.
Bon Jovi - Jon Bon Jovi was one of my crushes...still is...no extra description needed except that I like how they were able to incorporate denim into their big hair style...nice!

3.
Poison (pic on the top) and Guns 'n Roses (bottom)...The reason I chose two bands for this one was because both lead singers opted out for the bandana sleek hair look so I put them in together, though I know Guns outdoes Poison in music quality...I think...:)  POISON'S CHOICE: I chose this photo because Bret Michaels was unrecognizable to me because I'm used to the cowboy hat/bandana look...though the pursed puckered lips was a dead giveaway! Plus, I can sing "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" on 100% on Band Hero and that makes me feel accomplished! GUNS 'N ROSES: I actually didn't want to put Guns on here because it seemed that Axl traded in his fluff for a flat iron bandana look relatively quickly but they did have one of the biggest albums so I guess I'll have to honor that...


2.
Spinal Tap: One of my top fave movies...c'mon Harry Shearer as a metal bass player?  And those faces Nigel would make...and who could forget STONEHENGE or getting lost in a basement, "Hello Cleveland!"

1.
TINA TURNER - Okay so you're thinking...wow what a total change in subjects right?  See, there are way too many factors going for Ms. Turner that I had to give it to her...for one: she's got legs to kill for, two: Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, three: that mane!!!

And by the way...it was REALLY hard to narrow it down there were so many to choose from!!!  But it was a great time of laughs for me...hope you had a titter here and there as well!  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment